Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2011

What we been up to and Lilly and Flowers

Our beautiful baby Sooty missed us when we were away at the weekend but I have to say sorry for misleading you all - we weren't in Norfolk but in Suffolk. Just sitting directly on the border apparently!  We stayed in a lovely wee village pub in a place near Lopham and Redgrave Fens.  We spent two days walking on them chasing the wildlife and enjoying the tranquility of the place.  I got this fab pic of a robin just at the start of our second very long walk and wanted to share it with you all.
We also came across these stunning ponies that live wild on the fens - there were warning signs up saying not to approach them but they approached us thru a fence I have to say tho they did let me stroke them for a while.

Onto my card for today now.....this is for Lynne's friends wee girl Lily Mai.  She is a gorgeous wee angel!  Using a digi stamp I won drom Digistamp Boutique last year (Lilly and Flowers), I coloured her with my good old PMs (colours below), used a Nellie Snellen Oval Die and then cut around the outer shape of the die to create the darker layer.  I used DPs I got from the fab Coops (thanks again) so dunno where they are from but they are stunning - such bright colours too!  The bunting is from a freebie stamp set I got a couple of months ago - are they called Molly Bloom or similar?)  Silly moo me thru the packaging out - how daft am I?  I paper pieced some of them so they stand out more.


Ingredients are:~
Digistamp 'Lilly and Flowers' from Digistamp Boutique coloured with PMs~
Ivory, Blush, Dusky Pink, Satin, Henna, Caramel, Cinnamon, Sandstone, Poppy, Ruby, Rose Pink, Moss & Marsh Green;
DPs were gift from Nic (Coops);
Ribbons and flowers from stash;
Sentiment CG;
Nellie Snellen Oval Die;
Molly Bloom? Freebie Bunting stamp set.

I am entering this into the following challenges:~


21 comments:

  1. oooh isnt she lovely, i love what you have done with the ribbon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout Sheila - love the colours, the papers and the gorgeous image. Great work! Thank you for joining us at the MAWTT challenge this week - hope to see you again soon - Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. Perfect colors for the birthday girl. Great image and I love how you used the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sheila
    oh super cute image thank you for sharing with us at Pear tree design anything goes challenge
    hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila, thanks for the lovely comments you leave on my blog, sorry I've only just come back to you on your question re the pale blue and brown ribbon. I know I got it from Crafty Ribbons. However, it was in one of their big sample/value bags and I just got the one piece. I wish I could find some more. There was also a gorgeous green plaid one with a gold thread running through it, which I used for Nathan. Wish I could get some more of that one too. Your blog is lovely. I like the "hand written" look you've got. Where does that come from - I've seen a lot with this look and I must re-vamp mine....one day!! Its nearly half way through the year, and I've still not done the things I was planning on doing in January. Take care anyway. love and hugs from Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Sheila. Hope you are well? xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes this week!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheila Glad you are enjoying two day break. Fab photos.

    Beautiful card. Lovely colours and papers.
    Forgot I had some of these images. Beautiful colouring.

    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous pics sheila.your cat looks like the rules the roost :D
    love your card, the image is so sweet and gorgeous pretty colours and papers.
    the bunting is brilliant.
    the main papers you`ve used are by crafts too and the slightly paler pink striped one is by prima :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. p.s!! me again :D
    thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's a super card, looks perfect x carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gorgeous card. I love the beautiful image and your colouring is perfect. Great papers and layout. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous card Sheila. Love the sweet image and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab card, and I love how you've paper-pieced some of the bunting, I think that's a really great idea. Thanks for joining in with us at Dream Valley Challenges. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  16. BBeautiful card, love the sweet image and your dp are soooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining our challenge at pfp:)
    I love your card and the pink princess is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet and beautiful card Sheila!!!
    That image is so cute :)
    Lovely pics as well!

    Have a lovely day!
    ♥ Hugs, Inger

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty little card hun, so sweet, love the lined paper there :D
    Thank You for playing at Passion for Promarkers, hope to see you again x

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a fantastic card. Your colouring is perfect and I love the layout. Thanks for joining in with the monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fabulous creation Sheila - thanks for joining in the Digi Stamp Boutique competition...Sally-Ann :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ~ do come back soon.
Wishing you a Happy Day, Sheila:)X