Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Bugs'n'kisses

This is my second post for today - I am on a roll this afternoon.  I have the house to myself as Lynne is off out to see Michael (her fiancee) and my 2 wee boys are outside rolling around in the soil Graham turned over at the weekend - whoops there will be dust everywhere when they come in later!!

I hope you are all still enjoying this fabulous weather tho I heard on Radio 2 that it was 9degrees in Wick - well it would be way up there - no offence meant to anyone who lives there as I know it is a lovely town - been there- done that- got the tshirt.

Back to the card now - I had dug out my freebie Pink Petticaot stamps earlier so thought I would make use of them again with this New Home/ Just for You/ Just to Say/whatever card.  Using my Papermania Swiss Dots Embossing Folder I managed to emboss the whole of the front with a bit of fiddling around I have to add - I was seeing spots flashing all over by the time I had figured it all out dopey me!! - then I cut out the frame of one of my Nellie Snellen Square Dies and then thought I could use what was left instead of the square I had meant to cut if you know what I mean?  Are you still with me?...........
I used the wee house stamp and coloured it with PMs - colours to follow below - then coloured the background with them too - new for me (saw Nikki from Polka Doddles on C&C demonstrating this a couple of weeks ago) and I am quite happy with the result.  Distressed edges too.  Sentiment is from same stamp set.
This card is a bit different for me as I am following hte rules that Nic set for Passion for Promarkers challenge -  if my card doesn't fit challenge girls just ignore me pls -  I have to say I struggled with not covering up all the front of the card so not sure how I will get on with Less Is More!!

Ingredients:~
Stamp was a freebie from Pink Petticoat (see prev post for details);
Coloured with PMs~ Pastel Blue, Duck Egg, Apple, Meadow Green, Moss, Dusky Rose, Coral, Pastel Pink, Dusky Pink, Sandstone, Vanilla, Blush, Ivory, Satin, Cool Grey 1 & 2;
Nellie Snellen Square Die;
Papermania Ssiss Dots Embossing folder;
Paper and ribbong from stash.

Happy craftin' and I  hope to visit some of your fabulous blogs tonight to return some comments.

Sheila;)X

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, this is cute, love the little house!
    love all your other cards n stuff too, really nice, thanks for coming to visit and leaving such a lovely comment too, much appreciated.
    Nicki
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the cute little house. You have done very well with the background. Lovely colours.

    Hugs Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is so cute!

    This card would also be a fabulous entry into our OPEN challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!  Hope to see you there!

    I also have TILDA candy on my blog, click here to enter!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila, what a beautiful card and your little house is so sweet. Unfortunately though for our 'white on white' challenge there shouldn't be any coloured paper on your card. Hope you can join in again soon. Hugs, Denise (passion for promarkers DT) x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya sheila.your card is gorgeous and i love the adorable image.unfortunatly you have used some patterned paper but thanks so much for having a go at my challenge :D
    happy easter.
    ps.did ya get me email.
    will email you again later to let you know how i did my cracked glass :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ~ do come back soon.
Wishing you a Happy Day, Sheila:)X