Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Challenge Card

Good afternoon everyone. You are likely aware it is still teeming it down so another card beckoned me.
I used Bugaboo's image 'Reading Time' once again and coloured it with my PMs using skin tones and two brown shades for the book with Blossom and Dusky Rose for the clothing. Using my Nesties Inverted Scalloped Circles I cut a glitterboard shape and layered it on to the A5 card which is printed in Funky Hand's Love'n'Stuff from their Funky Word Books CD. Using another plainer paper from the same range on the CD I tore different sized shapes for matting down the side and across the top and bottom (with the help of one of those fancy rulers I recently purchased).
I added spotty ribbon that actually came from a very large nationwide cheap store (they wrap it around their PJs). The sentiment was ruined as our naughty kittens trampled all over it before it got a chance to dry so am pretty peed off with this!! But as you all know I cannot scold them - thye look at me with those gorgeous green eyes that say 'we didn't mean it Mummy'.
This one is going into the following challenges:~
Passion for Promarkers 'Books' Challenge No 54.

The next few days I am going to attempt to tidy up my blog - try to find out how to make it look better and to make the posts look a bit neater than they are. I will be googling a lot methinks.
Thanks for looking X

8 comments:

  1. Great card!! Thanks for taking part in our PFP book theme challenge this week! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Shelia, thanks for the info on Blade rubber stamps. Hope your well?? Love the blog. sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely card and image
    Thanks for playing along at Get Funky this month
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card sheila., i love the image and the backing paper and sentiment is great.love the colours and the spotty ribbon is lush.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card. Thanks for playing along with our theme at PfP this week.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila

    Hugs and kisses and storytime .. .. sounds and looks wonderful!

    Love your card and great layout.

    Thank you for playing along with Get Funky! again this month.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sheila, thanks for joining in the fun at Get Funky this month
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card. Thanks for joining in with us at Get Funky! this month.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ~ do come back soon.
Wishing you a Happy Day, Sheila:)X