Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Vintage Hippy Chick

I hope wherever you are that you have the glorious weather that we are having today - if not here is some sunshine and warmth for you..............catch it?  Enjoy!

My cad for today I am not entirely happy with - I tried out the cracked glass technique to the letter but something has not gone right I know.



I have followed the sketch for The Sugar Bowl and also the Autumn Theme, and also it fits in with The Sarah Hurley Vintage Theme too.


Ingredients:~
Hippy Chick rubber stamp from Funky Kits;
DPs from stash, distressed with Tim Holtz Antique Linen and scissors;
PMs ~ Blush, Oatmeal, Pastel Pink, Dusky Pink, Vanilla, Sandstone, Caramel, Cinnamon, Shale, Spice, Coral, Honeycomb, Pumpkin and Peach;
UTEE and heat gun;
Flowers and twine from stash.

I know I am crap at taking the pics but I am so disappointed with the result - suppose it IS only my first attempt at this technique so will practice make perfect? - hope so! Doesn't help that I am feeling a bit low today despite getting a massive gift in the post from a very special buddy of mine- have pain in my kidney area but can't see doc for few days.  Not in any pain while passing water just back pain so drinking lots of water and cranberry juice to see if that helps ease it a bit.

Happy crafting folks :)X

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous!! This is one of my fav sassy images, and I love the fact you have used the cracked glass technique! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card sheila.i love the cracked glass effect and your autumnal colours are fantastic ;D
    i hope you feel better soon hun, try and take it easy.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card. I'm so sorry you're not feeling good and I hope you can get sorted soon. Best wishes. Jaine at Sarah Hurley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I think you've done a great job with that technique, it looks stunning. sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather, hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges and good luck
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila hope you are feeling better soon. Love your card and the autumnal theme. You may like to try Crackle glossy accents if you like the cracked glass technique, I find that works really well. Enjoy your crafting, thanks for taking part in the Sugar Bowl challenge and good luck.
    Big hugs
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous technique, hope you get better soon and please join us again soon at sarah hurley challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ~ do come back soon.
Wishing you a Happy Day, Sheila:)X