Pages

Friday 25 September 2015

First project with Lyra Rembrandt Pencils

Some of you may know that I have been waiting patiently for my new Lyra pencils to arrive - well they did and wow they are such an improvement from any pencil I have used in the past. You all know I ADORE my Prismas but I have to say these Lyras beat them by far. That's not to say I will get rid of my Prisma - they will have their place in my stash along with my Promarkers!!

I have to try to find the best card fro me for these and I am off shopping online shortly.

See what you think about the vibrancy of these - they blend without a blender or paper stump too. Less pain in the neck ha ha!!

Ingredients:~
Carnival Balloon from Funky Kits;
Lyra Rembrandt pencils (colours can you believe are written on the back of the image - what a plonker I am!!);
Papers are DoCrafts Bellisimmo;
Sentiment from Stampin' Up Good Greetings;
Dies is Sizzix Lovely Labels Set 658051.

I am going to enter this into the following Challenges:~
The Sugar Bowl No 129;
Creative Fingers No 94 A/G and
Create & Inspire A/G No 30.

I do hope you will seek out the Lyra Pencils new Blog - The Pencil Case - they are a fabulous friendly bunch led by Nikky Hall (of Pookadoodles fame).

Thanks for popping in today. Leave me a wee comment and I will come visit you too for a cuppa or two!!


10 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Sheila, cute image and so well coloured The colours are gorgeous too.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay happy pencils and gorgeous card! Love the sentiment frame and pompom trim!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning these look great pencils fab colour density a wonderfully pretty card love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your new pencils. Fab card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sheila love the look of what the pencils can do the colours do look vibrant, must check them out, the card design and that image are ACE.
    hugs
    lorrainee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so sweet. Thank you so much for joining us at Create and inspire challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super image and fab colouring - I may have to start using pencils!! Thanks for sharing with Create and Inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ~ do come back soon.
Wishing you a Happy Day, Sheila:)X