Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2011

SN Rosie

SO sorry for not being around yesterday - I was attending a Business Set Up Seminar on Marketing - yea sounds boring and while it was (I already hold a NC in Business) at times I made a few contacts - a wedding photographer, a website designer, and a lovely lady who informed me of local craft fairs I knew nothing about!! I also learned that I need to get on FB and set up a Business Page (I hate FB but suppose if it is for my benefit then it may be ok).

Some of you may already know I am trying to set up a small 'from home' business selling  my cards and Wedding Stationery (still working on  my range so not revealed any yet).  I am not really taking any risks financially as the Stationery will only be made to order and my cards sell anyway so fingers crossed I get some more orders.

Anyway, back to today and here is my card made using the ever so cute Rosie from Sugar Nellie Home Grown range at Funky Kits.


I used my NEW PRISMAS to colour but am still not sure of I am using them correctly - my work is nowhere near as good as others who use these fab pencils (if you need to know where to get them in the UK please contact me as I have a fab supplier).

 I followed the current sketch at Sketch Saturday to create this card and have to say I love it - the sketch that is so another one added to my ever increasing list of great sketches.

Ingredients:~
'Rosie' rubber stamp from Funky Kits (BDay gift from a very special crafting friend - THANK YOU SO MUCH;
Dotty Paper from Pink Petticoat;
Docrafts embossing folder used on CoOrdinations card;
Gems from stash;
Sentiment made using 99p alphabet stamps from The Range.


Challenges:~
The Ribbon Girl Lilac &  Green;
Sketch Saturday No 178;
One Stitch at a Time Emboss It and
Pile It On No 43 Be Happy.

Thanks so much for visiting today. Got a busy day ahead with the dreaded HW to catch up on - YUK!

10 comments:

  1. Every cloud has a silver lining - the seminar may have been boring, but I hope the contacts you've made prove fruitful. I so admire people who set up their own businesses, good luck!

    The card is just adorable, and I agree with you about the sketch, very useful! Take care -

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with your business.

    Gorgeous card. Really cute image. Fabulous sketch. Fab colouring.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Sheila....love this sweet image and pretty colours too hun...

    good luck with your business sweetie...

    big hugs Vucky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely Sheila, I just bought her and have no idea why I've not inked her up as yet, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card sheila.she is a really gorgeous image and i love your pretty colours :D
    good luck with the business hun, i`m sure it will be brilliant :D
    any tips on selling cards too, i sell mine for £1,50 but they are building up everywhere cos i hardly sell any.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely image and colored in beautifully! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

    Hugz & TFS,
    xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT. Good Luck!!!
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card and I think you have coloured the image beautifully. Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, that image is just devine and your colouring amazing! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. HUgs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the color combo, gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Pile It On!
    -cg http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ~ do come back soon.
Wishing you a Happy Day, Sheila:)X