Pages

Friday 10 December 2010

Last Christmas Card (I hope)

Well folks I am all Christmassed out so this will be my last card for this year.  Christmas card that is...


I never thought I would make a card using these stamps (cannot even remember what they are called) as I have always thought they looked a bit creepy but I have made one now and have fallen in love with the stamp! The image was given to me in a present and I coloured her with Pms, matted and layered her onto cream and pale blue cardstock.  The backing paper is a freebie from Bearly Mine.  I am into distressing the edges of everything right now so lo and behold - the edges are all distressed too!  The sentiment is computer generated and the glitter was added as an afterthought!  I also used my Spellbinders Labels for the matting and layering.
I can't seem to get my head into gear today as I have taken my upper dose of painkillers and can't take any more today!  Don't know what I will do for bedtime - have a hot toddy or two maybe but not supposed to drink alcohol while on them ooops! 

Health Update for those of you who follow my neck ~
I have decided I will have the op and have to tell the neurosurgeon when I see him in January - no changing my  mind now as being home in Scotland and then having that cold spell in London really made me suffer a lot in my upper back and neck and I have now started dropping (and breaking) things from my right hand.  Really the only option I have is to have the op anyway as I will eventually lose the use of my right hand and arm if it carries on the way it is.  Enough of my moaning - dunno how much commentiong I will manage later and over the weekend but hopefully I can pay you all a visit sometime very soon.

4 comments:

  1. Its simply gorgeous. The stamp image is Tilda (Magnolia). It took me a while to like the tilda stamps but I've grown to her and bought a few stamps.lol.

    Hope things goes well in January for you.

    Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon I love your card, and the one in the post above for your Mum is just gorgeous.

    The very best of luck with your surgery next year. Try and enjoy your Christmas and not worry too much.

    Hugs

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the most gorgeous Tilda card! I love it.
    And I hope your surgery is a complete success and that you have a pain free Christmas (there's always egg nog, lol). xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally don't like the stamps without mouths, they are freaky and if I had any I would HAVE to put a smile on them.....

    Your card is lovely though, you've done a smashing job of colouring the image to match the paper.

    Sounds like you haven't got an awful lot of choice but to go ahead with the operation, the loss of mobility that you already experiencing must be awful.

    Have a wonderful Christmas Sheila with your family.

    Lots of love and best wishes

    Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ~ do come back soon.
Wishing you a Happy Day, Sheila:)X